Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Boyhood



I really like this picture of Cullen. He's getting in a battalion of teeth right now, and you can see them if you look really, really close. He's also beginning to talk ("ba-ba-ba"), to eat buffer solid foods, and crawling isn't far off.

The other day we had this conversation:

Cullen: Screeetch, eeeeeeep, ba-ba-ba!! (Or something like that.)

Me: Hahaha!

Cullen: Hahaha!

Cheryl: Ken, don't play with him during mealtime!

Me: He started it!

Ahhh, good times.

Speaking of good times, I recorded the 1976 version of "King Kong" that was playing on TV the other night...


This was a favorite boyhood movie. I think I may have even seen it in the theater (I would've been 6 years old); I definitely owned the King Kong lunch box. As I watched the ending of it the other day, I thought to myself - "Hey, that's just a guy in a big ape suit!" And there were a few unrealistic moments (just a few) in which Kong climbed up the World Trade Center, balancing his weight on the same arm with which he was carrying Faye Dunaway, and yet she was unharmed. But my disappointment gave way to emotion as King Kong was filled with bullet holes by the US military helicopters. Very, very sad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the Damsel in distress Jessica Lange in the 1976 version? I don't think that Dunaway was even in King Kong. She is only outmatched by Fay Wray in the 1933 version, the true original. Want some other GREAT 70s movies? Watch Stepford Wives and Soylent Green...great sci fi.

H

Ken said...

You may be right about that. Really no way to know for sure...

Anonymous said...

Sure there is. It is called IMDB.com and you can check out all things movies there. That is where I got my information.

This is why I am a champ at trivia games--

H

Anonymous said...

PS--VERY cute photo of Cullen, BTW. He looks so grown up. How many teeth does he have now?

H

Cheryl said...

SIX teeth! The standard bottom two... and then four on top came in all together.

Cheryl said...

I think Ken was joking about not knowing for sure if Jessica Lange was in the original King Kong. Since we watched the opening credits together this is just a guess ;-)