Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Calling All Shomos - The Secret Shomo Gift Exchange!

This important announcement is for the entire Shomo family.

"Shomo family" includes anyone who is a Shomo, was a Shomo, married a Shomo, and children of Shomos. In other words, you - yeah, you.

Welcome to the first annual Secret Shomo Gift Exchange! This is a way to exchange gifts even though our family has gotten very, very big. It's like Secret Santa, but better. It's...

Secret Shomo.

To participate, you must respond by the end of the day this Friday, December 5.

These are the rules:

1. To be eligible, you must be 18 or over. However, those under 18 may participate if their parents take ultimate responsibility.
2. The Secret Shomo Gift Exchange coordinators will randomly draw names. No one else will know whose name you have.
3. You may buy your Shomo one gift or several smaller gifts, but please don't spend over $25. It's the thought that counts.
4. To help facilitate appropriate gift-giving, please create a wishlist on Amazon.com or send some suggestions to me via email (which will be forwarded to your Secret Shomo). Gifts do not necessarily have to be chosen from the list, but the lists will provide ideas.
5. Your gift must be postmarked by Thursday, December 18, to insure that your Shomo receives his or her gift by Christmas day.
6. Do not do anything that will give away whose name you have!

This will be a lot of fun. There are currently around 30 eligible "Shomos".

You may post your questions in the comments section, but more importantly...

Respond now to confirm that you'll take part!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I got the heads up on this one! ;-) thanks facebook!

I'm in. and so is Josh.

Joni Scott said...

Great! I and Charlie shall also join. what next?

Ken said...

Cheryl and I are also in!

Joni - "next" is to spread the word, and then this weekend we'll send to each participant the name of their "Secret Shomo." (In order to keep it secret, I'll need to have a good email address for each participant, or a Facebook account.)

Nancy Cave said...

Count me and Wayne in too!

It's Lisa said...

Norm and I are in. I just talked to Matt and he doesn't really want to do it(college budget).
I mentioned it to Kelly and she was going to check out the blog and read about it, so I'm sure if she will do it or not.

Kelly said...

I'm kinda on a tight budget...so I'm gonna have to pass, but it sounds fun!

Ken said...

Kelly: But now you have to buy for everyone! ;-)

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Mark and I are in.. but are we in as a couple or each separate? We're in either way.. but just wondering what the shomo santa has to say on this one...

Ken said...

Karen and Mark,

Excellent question, and the answer is that you're in separately.

Ken

Bethany said...

Matt and I too are on a tight budget, so we can't do it. But maybe next year, as this seems like it may become a nice tradition.

Anonymous said...

I wanna be a Shomo!! ;-(

But since I'm not, I thought your family might like to check out
http://www.myregistry.com/

Anyone can set up a gift registry for any occasion for free. It even lists link to purchase items as well.

A Merry Christmas to all the Shomos far & wide & thanks for sharing Ken & Cheryl with us here at New Covenant. :-)