Friday, October 15, 2010

Anatomy of a Good Week

This past week was a good week. Since I’d like to have more good weeks, I thought I would analyze this one… What made it so good?

1. Cheryl’s parents visited.

2. Great weather. (See #3 and #4, below.)

3. Visit to the beach with Cheryl, her parents and Cullen. Pics on Cheryl’s Facebook tell the story...

4. Visit to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. Nice place, and we ended up with a season pass cheap. This will be a good place to take Cullen, walk, explore, etc.

5. Visit to Yorktown. Cheryl’s dad and I arrived to the battlefield just in time for the walking tour, which was quite moving… because the history of the battle itself is a pretty amazing story.

6. Cheryl’s birthday!

7. Cullen seemed to do quite well this past week. He’s (almost) always a joy to be around, but this week his everyday charm was combined with other signs of steady development.

Okay, there you have it. You now have all the ingredients you need for a good, even great, week.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I would like to have a good week :)

I will try your recipe - but I will have to leave out #1 as all of our parents are already w/ the Lord. I must also omit #s 3,4,& 5 as we do not live near any of those things, and #6 since my b'day is not until May (I don't want to wait THAT long for a good week) and #7 since all my chicks are out of the nest!

Well, that leaves #2 which I guess I just have to trust God with...then again, maybe if I just trusted Him with Everything, I would have a great week!!

Thanks Ken! I needed to remember that!

Love, Leslie