Saturday, November 24, 2007

Guest Blogger!

My sister Karen accidentally posted this to my blog instead of her own. But hey, it's all in the family! All five kids were home for Thanksgiving, along with some bonus folks: Karen's husband Mark, who won "Teacher of the Year" this year at his high school by the way, had family visiting. And more!

So, this blog was written by Karen but I think you'll enjoy it!

****

Here's what we woke up to on Thanksgiving morning. Yep, first snowfall of the year. from fall to winter overnight.. it was a special gift to Mark's mom visiting from sunny Georgia!
Speaking of Grammy...Madison gave her a happy welcome by messing up her hair and just messing with her during her visit
cousin Kelly is home from school and is now 21.. and I had her try some wine for the first time... as you can tell by her face she won't be drinking any more of that stuff.
We were very happy to have Missouri Matt oin s for Thanksgiving also!
New family members -- Cullen and Zuri.. oh yea, and their moms were here too... Cheryl and Grace
Zuri's older sister Hosanna wasn't left out she had a blast playing all day with Madison... what a couple of cuties!
Secrets between cousins wish I knew what this conversation was about
You can tell these two are sisters!
Mark's mom's sister Joyce joined us this year .. hope the cold temps won't keep her from visiting again!What a cute couple! Doyle drove the sisters all the way from Georgia.. thanks Doyle!

The 5 Shomo kids all together! Jim.. Ken.. Karen... Lisa and Joni! It's been a while since all of us were in the same place at the same time.
Joni and her three girls.... plus a granddaughter and grand-dog!
The Shomo family is a camera happy family. I caught the paparazzi taking this photo.. It's a picture of the the 3 Matts. Indiana Matt.. Missouri Matt and Michigan Matt!
While they were visiting from Virginia I had a chance to take some pictures of brother Ken...
Cheryl and Cullen.

In case you missed Cullen's cute looks... here's some more...

cousin Cori and Madison couldn't let Cullen steal the limelight!

And finally.... All of us!
Really happy everyone could drive and fly to join us on this holiday!!
Thankful for family this Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Ken- oops, I mean karen.

I certainly enjoyed visiting with everyone and seeing the new babies in the family.

It was fun to all be together again!!!!

Lisa

Joni Scott said...

It does seem Karen said it all pretty much. Plus it saves typing time and downloading. I would ditto all this on my blog, but the only visitors to my place are you guys. Now I will HAVE to be creative, and that could be a few days. BTW: Thanks again for the Pizza and fellowship. Josh and (Indiana)Matt enjoyed getting to know you better. Oh, BTW #2: I rescued the other mag from the hotel rack. I have totally enjoyed them!! Thanks