Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Little Professor

And the winner of the Cullen Caption Contest is...


"Notice that I call the line, the line of despair. Above this line we find men living with their romantic notions of absolutes (though with no sufficient logical basis)..."


* * *



The Blue Ribbon Panel notes that those familiar with Francis Schaeffer and in particular his "line of despair" discussion will find this most amusing. However, the Panel hopes others will see in little Cullen a bright future in academia. Congrats to Jeff Tell for this entry.

The Panel furthermore notes just how doggone funny all the entries were! Congratulations to everyone for your creativity. Although there could only be one first place winner, the Panel is allowing us to keep a variety of runner ups on file should anything else open up in the near future.

And may we note also that we very much appreciated the acknowledgement of the King of Kings: "We have seen his star in the east and have come to worship him!" He deserves our worship this Christmas Season!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Thank you to the blue ribbon panel! Gosh, I don't know what to say... I wish I had something prepared. There are so many people to thank, and the quality of the competition this year was outstanding...

Joni Scott said...

I say another competition is in order! And I may even enter provided you occassionally COMMENT on MY sight about MY play pics and videos. (yes, I have videos, unlike my offspring who recieve comments even if they never update)

Ken said...

Joni & Charlie,

I'm not sure which one of you wrote that comment but I'll have you know that I do comment on your site. I'm just usually in a more verbal mood, so I comment "out loud." I'm sorry that we live so far away that you don't hear me :-(