Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Closer



Cullen has recently learned to shut doors. He really, really likes to shut doors.

He is also learning to eat with a spoon...



I know at least one of my siblings will feel the need to remind me that I used to consider this very unsightly. Now, of course, it's exciting and cute.



One thing that is especially funny is how Cullen, having obtained the "neat" gene from one of his parents (we're still trying to figure out which one), feels the need to put wayward specks of oatmeal back into the bowl.



When kids learn things - even small things - their parents get excited. I was thinking this morning, as I snapped these pictures, that hopefully God feels that same joy when I learn things. Lately, for example, He's been teaching me to pray more specifically and meaningfully for others. Some of these lessons I should've learned a long time ago... But I hope that as God's child, even my small steps bring Him some kind of enjoyment. Or at least laughter...

6 comments:

Joni Scott said...

I think Cullen should now learn how to open a window so it can be said of him "Cullen never shuts a door without opening a window."
ah yes... I shall never forget your look of horror as Bethany would suck her thumb to assist in the food-swallowing process, and how you looked repulsed and horrified while i thought it was the funniest and cutest thing in the world!

Jeff said...

First, I'm glad to see a new post, I was about to switch over to facebook and send you a kind but stern message about blogging delinquency.

second, judging by the photo, "eating with a spoon" sounds like an optimistic spin.

Bethany said...

How cute! That is so funny about him putting things back in the bowl.
And *ahem* Mother, what happened to me being the "perfect baby"? How could anyone be repulsed and horrified by a perfect baby? Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for the spaghetti pictures

It's Lisa said...

I think those "neat" characteristics are from his Aunt Lisa. Good job Cullen.

I also agree with Grace- can't wait for the spaghetti pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too, remember those days of disgust with anything "child" related. Funny how having kids changes your perspective!

Heather