Sunday, June 10, 2007

Gardening 101

I don't known much about gardening, however I have taken an interest in what is in our new yard. We have some pretty plants! Above are a few from the front yard. I am particularly happy that we have some hydrangeas, as blue hydrangeas were prominent in our wedding. In the back yard, we have a grape vine growing along the top of the fence, and in the side yard by the driveway we have three peach trees! They are already full of tiny little peaches. I've been noticing that the squirrels really enjoy chowing down on the grapes.


We were given many little potted plants at the church dinner last weekend, and yesterday Brenda came over and helped me re-pot them. We were only able to do about half, so this will be an ongoing project. Brenda also gave me some gardening tips - which I desperately need if I am going to have any semblance of a cute yard.


And here is a photo of the house taken today, showing off the new windows. The front lawn is already looking a little better too (that is Ken's department). We have two dogwood trees in front, which were beautifully in bloom when we first visited the house this spring, and some sort of Japanese maple on the left corner. Unfortunately, we have a lot of volunteer oak trees as well...


I am hoping we can do some more extensive landscaping this fall!

Cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoorah! I can comment now!

What lovely flowes.

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Ken and Cheryl,
Welcome to your new home! Homeownership is fun... and time consuming... like landscaping!
Life is crazy here....but want you to know we are thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Flying Whippets!...those floors are just georgous!
Anne

Aubrey said...

The house looks great!!! I love the yard and all the hardwoods inside. Very nice. And Cheryl, pregnancy becomes you! Jeff and I are excited about the new arrival.