Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Home Building For TBA

TBA Shomo has a lot of fun in his current home. He is very active, and Cheryl feels bumps and jabs and spins and knocks and anything else you can imagine. We can only assume he's taking after his mother, seeking to perfect his home...we speculate that he's fixing things, painting, laying contact paper, and so forth...though by the time he's done with all these renovations, it will be time to make his first big move into the real world.

Since Cheryl's been so busy around this house, and TBA so busy around his place, I figured I better get busy in order to make them both happy -- so I put together TBA's crib. The project started Saturday...



...and ended last night, at about 11:30 pm.


Looks pretty simple, huh? Norm would've had this done before it was out the door of the store, but I take a little longer. Actually, it was more complicated than it looks. And the directions, while pretty impressive overall, did contain one blunder (it seems) that made life difficult.

But there it is. Move in ready!

* * *

NOTES: Thanks, all, for the crib! And to those of you who are horrified to see crib parts on the nice rug, I can only say, look carefully and you'll see the nice carboard piece protecting the rug... we also didn't want to scratch the floor. So many considerations!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a lovely crib.

Karen said...

What a nice crib! And so well assembled too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenny! I found you on Bethany's xanga...It's me...Tanya Bruns now Durant. Wow...you're expecting a baby! Wonderful!

Ken said...

Anonymous, we'll have to snuff you out.... I thought for sure you were LG but, from what we can tell, you're not!

Ken said...

Hi Tanya!

Anonymous said...

Ken. Another piece of furniture to watch out for is the armoire's from walmart. We got one last week, it said "some assembly required." It came with 56 nails, 83 screws, and a bottle of glue. I'm hoping to finish assembling it by August.

Jeff

Ken said...

Jeff, it sounds like it should've come with a bottle of Mountain Dew instead. Let me know if you need help with that armoire, or even with figuring out how to spell it.

Anonymous said...

Hi ken! It's me joni! I always forget my google ID so I shall be anonymous today. i like being anonymous! Love the crib.. it's gor gee oss. I was not nor ever shall be concerned about crib rods on a rug. I didn't even know I was supposed to be. Give TBA a kiss from auntie Joni! I'll post the song soon and thanks for the link!