Saturday, June 2, 2007

Greetings From V-I-R-G-I-N-I-A

Hello everyone! For those tracking the Shomos, we have made it to Virginia. Everything went remarkably well. The next time you move out of New Jersey, I highly recommend J.D. Carton & Sons - they moved us without a hitch or, more accurately, without a scratch. Great crew.

Speaking of which, we had a friendly and helpful crew from the church here in Virginia. People appeared suddenly to offer help and/or food, successfully preventing Cheryl from overdoing it.

In related news: The editors at the Virginia Pilot are upset that 12-year-old Rebecca Willett was knocked out of the Scripps National Spelling Bee after misspelling "gastrilegous." The paper argues that this word is not in most dictionaries and from now on the paper, whenever it has occasion to use the word, will spell it Rebecca Willett style: gastrilogous. You can show solidarity by doing the same.

What's quite funny is that those who organized the Bee didn't know how to spell a more common word. Take a look:



Not only did Rebecca get robbed, so did the entire state. Yes, there is another "I" in Virginia. In fact, there are several more of us here now.

Coming soon: the much awaited (by some) pics of the house. Stay tuned, and stay vigilant -- remember, it's now spelled gastrilogous.

6 comments:

menonita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bethany said...

I'm glad you guys made it there safely!
And that is funny about them spelling Virginia wrong. ha. And I'll remember to spell that word that way....if I ever use it that is.

njcopperhead said...

Glad to see you arrived in good health and spirits. I had to laugh that your new church is the "New Covenant Presbyterian Church". I guess that makes us the old Covenant church?

Deo Vindice (start practicing your southern, Rev.)

Kelly said...

Haha, that's funny that they spelled Virginia wrong!

I thought you guys were moving to North Carolina or something like that...hmmm...clearly I was wrong. Well, glad you made it safely!

Joni said...

Hi Kenny

Smarty said...

Hi Kelly,
My humans tell me we are pretty close to NC, so you weren't too far off! They said we are in southern VA, only about half an hour from the VA/NC border.

Smarty