Monday, July 30, 2007

Pregnancy Diet: Candy and BBQ

Ken says our blog needs "help" so here I am to help it :-) On Thursday night, our new church held a very nice baby shower for me. I was especially impressed with these candies, which were part of the refreshments and were homemade! Extremely cute and they also tasted great.

I got a lot of very nice gifts at the shower (and lots of very meaningful advice). We are just about all set with TBA's bedroom and his "supplies." I feel like I have entered a whole new world of consumer goods... it's amazing how much stuff there is to get for a baby.

While I'm at it, here are some photos Ken took of some of the participants at the church's 2nd annual "BBQ Throwdown" which took place last night. It's a BBQ contest where you vote on the best BBQ with your $$... and all the proceeds going to missions. It was a lot of fun and very tasty -- I have really missed good BBQ!


I see Ken also felt the need to take a photo of my plate. Hey, gotta eat like this while you can...


Actually, I must confess that what I have most enjoyed down here in VA on my "pregnancy diet" is soft-serve vanilla ice cream cones from Chik-fil-A. I could suck these down one after another... they are soooooo good. I keep telling myself I must need the calcium :-)

Cheryl

3 comments:

Ken said...

When you move down here, they warn you about the gravitational pull of Chik-fil-A... but you don't realize how powerful it is until you experience it. Mmm, sounds good for lunch, now that I mention it.

Incidentally, the evening's winner of the BBQ Throw Down was Noelle Powell, the teenage girl pictured there. But a boy won the dessert smack down!

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheyrl.
I was on the "Wendys Frosty ala-cracker" diet for my pregancys. Sure do miss those days. :-)
Looking forward to meeting TBA.. so make sure you go in about a week early!!
Joni

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken and Cheryl!! I remember very well that Chik-fil-A gravitational pull! The "coffee shop" in the Hosp. David worked at was a Chik-fil-A!!

Hang in there Cheryl - Aug. is almost here. By the way, I can say from experience that some of the cutest babies are born in Aug!!!!