Friday, March 21, 2008

Book Club


Cullen and I like reading together. He's a very hands-on reader. He also likes pictures.

Here's a picture of us reading "Thoughts for Young Men" by 19th century bishop J.C. Ryle. Thanks to Leslie for the book!



Invitation:

Speaking of which: A friend and I are currently recruiting others for our latest reading project, in which we're going to read a well-reviewed book by Jerry Bridges called "Respectable Sins." You can read reviews and order Bridges' book at a little site I've discovered here.

We're going to read two chapters per week and post summaries/thoughts on our church's blog. We're calling the project "Blogging Bridges." If you'd like to read along (and discuss along), please let me know. Cullen and I are already signed up!

UPDATE: Cullen just woke up after sleeping 13 hours. I hope there's a chapter in this book on "sloth"!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read the exerpt, looks interesting. I'll have to put down Oprah's favorite book though.