Thursday, March 6, 2008

SPRING!



I think Spring has arrived in southeastern Virginia....daffodils in the neighborhood are in full bloom; some yards are filled with them and were admired on our walk yesterday. Our first winter here was very reasonable, no snow (which suits me just fine), no ice, and only a couple of really cold days. It was mostly in the 40's and 50's with a few stretches of 60's and 70's.

We have three of these peach trees in our yard....anyone know what kind they might be?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

No idea about peach trees but I am happy to see signs of spring. Lovely photos.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm quite jealous. I've just got back from a walk with a friend (and a dog!) We kept talking about how beautiful and warm it is, but it's still below freezing!

Anonymous said...

Up here in Houghton I think spring is about 5 months away. -22 degrees tonight.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I think I forget what spring looked like. It's been a long, cold, snowy winter here in Michigan. We still have about 6 inches of snow on the ground.

It was nice to see flowers again.
Lisa