Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wood and Wires

There are certain things that I can do around the house. These include:

- Replace electrical outlets, switches, and lights. With help, I did a ceiling fan too.
- Stain a deck, although Cheryl is still waiting on proof of this one.
- Make breakfast, for adults or babies.
- Pop in a DVD.

But I know my limits, and there are other things I can't do so well. These include:

- Add an addition onto the house.
- Build and install new cabinets.
- Create the perfect rocking chair.
- Appear on "This Old House," giving tips about how to use jig saw, scroll saw, or oscillating edge sander.

So tomorrow night I begin a woodworking class. It's my own experiment in whether median-age dogs can learn new tricks.

Let's see how long I last...

4 comments:

Hannah said...

But can he learn new tricks?

Joel said...

Well, you're ahead of my by knowing what a scroll saw or oscillating edge sander is.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'd like to see a video of you doing all of those things you say you did. I just don't know...I mean, last weekend, I won a triathalon.

Heather :-)

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Hey over here we're happy we can mow the lawn. We did stain the deck.. well, ok I admit one small part still needs done! Have fun at woodworking class... and next time you visit you can build us something!