Friday, November 21, 2008

Don't Tell Cheryl, But...

Forecast for Virginia Beach from weathercentral.com.

Don't tell Cheryl, but it's snowing in Virginia Beach today. I tried to take a picture but the camera objects, and refuses to do it. Our camera has always wanted Cheryl's approval, and I suspect this is why it takes her side on issues like this.

I've heard rumors of snow in this area before, but didn't think it would happen here. Especially in light of global warming...

Friends and family who associate the word "beach" with "Pacific Beach" or "La Jolla Cove" in San Diego can now understand that there are a few slight distinctions between where we live now and where I lived then!


9 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh I love the puppies!
So far, still no snow here! It is nice.

It's Lisa said...

I didn't believe you at first- but I went to weather.com and it IS below 32 degrees in virginia. Wow!
I guess that's what happens with global warming.

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

ok, so what is that photo on the blog.. alaska or something... i'm confused...
you have more snow than us by the way... strange!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,

Huskies can't live south of the midline, so nice try...:-)

H

Anonymous said...

Ken,

I didn't know that you lived in Vermont and had a pizza place like that in your back yard. Nice try--next time, crop out the big sign that says, VERMONT...

We are too smart for you, Ken!

Heather

Ken said...

No, that's Vermont County, Virginia.

Joni Scott said...

Good thing SAMOYED's can live below the Mason-Dixon line. ;-)
It's fun to get snow when you know it's leaving as quick as it came. We had about twelve inches over a three day period last week. Blah. Everyone knows its not supposed to snow until AFTER Thanksgiving!
And bethany: I have been to Albuquerque when it snowed! I am counting on sunshine for our visit in February!

Anonymous said...

Hey , Ken -

I'm jealous; why are you keeping our snow?

Nancy

Anonymous said...

How come nobody checks my blog? Is it like something Biblical, the youngest gets the glory?monroeshmo.blogspot.com