Friday, November 7, 2008

Political Hopes

To round out election week, allow me to direct you to an article that summarizes well my thoughts concerning the election of Barack Obama. It is by David Brooks, whom I commended earlier this week, and it is in today's New York Times. (How's that for reaching across party lines?)

I should note that I ran across this column when visiting New York City today, to see friends from my days in the Metro New York Presbytery. Some great guys.

Brooks writes:

I have dreams. I may seem like a boring pundit whose most exotic fantasies involve G.A.O. reports, but deep down, I have dreams. And right now I’m dreaming of the successful presidency this country needs. I’m dreaming of an administration led by Barack Obama, but which stretches beyond the normal Democratic base. It makes time for moderate voters, suburban voters, rural voters and even people who voted for the other guy. (To read entire column online, go to http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/opinion/07brooks.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)

No comments: