Thursday, June 4, 2009

Advancement

I've groomed the lawn and the Lord has watered it. I've had a restful five hours of sleep, dreaming about our family mole. I've packed my bags and books. And so now I'm ready for Advance09!




This is a conference in Durham, NC, in which 3/4 of my favorite preacher-mentors combine to discuss the topic that couldn't be nearer to my heart and soul--the church.

I have often said, I do not love the church because I am a pastor; I am a pastor because I love the church. (Note: But if you think that by "church" I mean buildings and pews, we need to talk!)

Following this conference, I'll be back to preach - would be hard not to - and then off to Michigan for Kelly's wedding and then Florida. The wedding will be great fun, whereas Orlando will be all business... well, business and worship and relationships. Kinda hard to explain.

I'm off.

1 comment:

Starr ;-) said...

Sounds like you have a couple awesome weeks ahead of you!! I look forward to whatever amount of time we can carve out to talk at the wedding!