Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Haunted University

Cheryl and I were in Michigan last week for a family wedding. We went to Ann Arbor, home to the University of Michigan. We enjoy visiting different university campuses when we travel, and Ann Arbor is one of the best. It is extensive, spacious, green (meaning the color), bookstoreful, and temperate. All of this assumes a summer visit, by the way.

Most pics turned out blurry (the camera was drowsy), but here's one of me and Cullen who was dancing near the diag.



I spent a lot of time in Ann Arbor in my teenage years. First, to buy used records and books. Then, to visit my sister and brother-in-law who taught me about the Christian life after I had been converted to Christ at age 17.75. Then, to visit my good friend Rob who was attending U of M.

Some old haunts:




And by the way, here's an updated photo of my mom and her five children:

2 comments:

Joni Scott said...

ah yes.. Ann Arbor. I always want to visit the Willow Tree Apartments and walk around the duck pond. I also remeber that I lost the "word game" there when you got me to say the word "tree."

Ken said...

Hmm, I can't remember the "word game" too well, but in true Shomo style I'm glad I won!