Friday, August 10, 2007

I Like Kids. I Like the Bible. I Like VBS.

This was VBS week at New Covenant.

I'm a pretty big fan of VBS. It's a land of opportunity:

1) Opportunity to teach the Bible in creative ways
2) Opportunity to test for superpowers. Today two water balloons bounced right off me! Am I "unbreakable"? It's worth asking, even if one (and only one) did in fact hit me.
3) Opportunity to get to know kids -- you can't as easily sit down and talk to them after church, but you can put shaving cream on them and throw fruit loops at them, perform drama with them, and talk to them over snacks. (Carol, thanks for the fruit loop game!)

Here are a few pictures. My class of 5th graders:


Of my drama troupe (Ani, Meredith, Alyssa, Hannah):



And of the one piece of artwork I made for the week:

2 comments:

Carol said...

such fun games. I missed those this year.
If I recall from CPC's VBC's volunteer water balloon fights you are not "unbreakable" or "unwettable" or anything of that sort. :-)

Ken said...

Carol, you're probably thinking of Timothy.