Saturday, August 4, 2007

Ultrababy Update

Everything went well with yesterday's ultrasound! Thanks to those who were thinking of us and praying for the baby, if you read Thursday's post.

Some of you may know that down here in VB, people are very into midwifery and natural childbirth. For example, at our practice there are four doctors and three midwives. To our surprise, the stronger emphasis on natural methods even affected the ultrasound. Down here, when they do the ultrasound they simply sketch a picture of the baby rather than using all the electronic devices. So for those of you who wanted to see TBA, here is the best we can offer:


It's probably for the best. He's rather shy. The ultrasound we had earlier this year really caught him by surprise, and he's been kicking and screaming about it ever since.

The countdown continues! Sixteen days till the due date... and if he's going to be early he has a maximum of 15 days.

6 comments:

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Love the photo of the little one.. ha ha..
wow.. it
is soooo close now! I can't believe we haven't seen Cheryl during this entire pregnancy..boo hoo..
well, I saw the photo you emailed me and she looks GREAT!
we've been on the go so I am sorry for not being in touch enough..
home now though...
say hi to the little shomo for us.. see him soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ken,

Don't you think that your graphic is a little...well, graphic? I think that such pesonal matters should be left to those whom it directly affects. My!

HF

Anonymous said...

That is such a great shot of TBA.

I'm impressed with the way VA works! Tell them I applaud the midwifery and views on childbirth! (I couldn't resist)

Aubrey said...

I think the baby looks just like you, Ken. :) We're so excited.

Cheryl said...

The ultrasound tech commented that the baby looks like Ken! I couldn't tell ;-)

Anonymous said...

Amazing that TBA spends all of those nine months hanging UPSIDE DOWN in the womb. So it's not just air that he/she experiences on emergence, but gravity in a whole new way as well!
PWD
PS - Why not wait an extra day so that TBA and I can share birthdays? August (n) for the august (adj)!