Sunday, February 3, 2008

Giant Upset!


By the time you read this - probably sometime after the Super Bowl tonight - you will probably have learned of The New York Giants' shocking win over the widely favored New England Patriots.

At least that's what I'm assuming will happen... Well, let it be known that I was rooting for the Giants all along. I've been a fan for almost exactly four years. I watched Eli Manning get drafted by the Giants when I first moved to New Jersey, and at that time Kurt Warner had also drifted from St. Louis to New Jersey.

And as it turns out, the Giants actually play in New Jersey. That's right, the NY Giants are actually the NJ Giants. I assume that someone misprinted the helmets long ago and, to save a few bucks, they just left it that way.


Now, I don't live in New Jersey anymore (though I miss my Jersey friends and the Metro NY pastors big time) but unfortunately, there are no teams down here in Virginia to root for. Even if there were, it usually takes me a little while to formally transfer the allegiance and all that (so much paperwork).

We'll be watching the Super Bowl at our senior pastor's house, along with friends and college students from the church. How about you?

7 comments:

Joel said...

As a native of New Jersey, I've been a lifelong Giants fan, and I'm still in shock over the upset. Unbelievable.

PS. Don't change your allegiance!

Ken said...

I was hoping people would notice that I wrote that post 4.5 hours before kickoff!

Joni Scott said...

We had a couple friends over, but I fellowshipped with my friend Liz and Daughter Hannah most the time, save for running in now and again to check out the commercials! (I loved the Budweiser horse "Rocky" one) No real serious interest in the games for me, since both Chargers and Packers fell out a couple weeks, but I am glad your team won! I DID watch the new "House" episode following the game, and that was good.
But otherwise I am offended you always comment on Karens Blog and never mine.

Bethany said...

We had people over and had a lot of fun. Well, at least Matt, his friend Robbie and I did. No one else really cared about football. So while we were shouting they were staring. Very fun.
And I'll have you know, we were TOTALLY rooting for the Giant. Matt piratically lost his voice. Why were we cheering for the Giants you may ask? Well Eli Manning of course! And over here in Indiana, there is a very strong hate for the Patriots. So to have Payten's little brother beat Tom Brady, was sooo very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Don't you think that Wade looks a little like Eli Manning?

H

Anonymous said...

prophet i say!

i was subjected to the life of hannah montana rather the game due to a small 2 year old of mine

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Ken...
You are amazing! Yes, we noticed you posted that B4 kickoff . Norm and Lisa were over and we were rooting the
Giants also! Norm was especially happy.. as I'm sure you are also..what a great game.
We were cheering so loud.. Madison came out of her room and told us all to be quiet because we keeping her awake!