Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Travel Log

This past weekend we visited friends in North Carolina.


I met Henry, and later Julie, in San Diego. I rented a room (for a ridiculously low price) from Henry - one of the many ways God provided for me during some pivotal years of ministry - and we became good friends. Julie became a Christian as a soon-to-be single mom, and the church provided her with another ridiculously low-priced living arrangement nearby.

I had the privilege of being in their wedding, and I continue to have the privilege of their friendship - I have tremendous respect for them and their family. Their youngest is pictured above, but there are plenty more where she came from!

Here's their next youngest, AJ, who dubbed Cullen with his new knickname "The Little Chef" for reasons not fully known. It apparently has something to do with Ratatouille... It is true that Cullen is getting a little fuzzier up top, but if you know more please post a comment!


And here are the next two kids... We had fun playing games with them. (Which reminds me, gamers everywhere: "Gobblet" and "Lost Cities" are two fun two-player games I had never played before. Check 'em out.)


Well, that covers the younger four kids. Sorry I don't have pictures of the older four!

But speaking of travel, yesterday we got to go vote. It was a family outing, which included both Cullen and Smarty. Scoche stayed back - she had been to the vet and was a little concerned about where the van would take her if she chose to get in. (Nowadays Smarty insists on traveling with us wherever we go. She stands right up against the door and puts her nose to it. If we're not careful, she'll open it and let herself out, and then wait at the car for us!)

The neighborhood where we voted turned out to be a great place to walk, so I returned with Cullen and (yes) Smarty and we ignored the sprinkles of rain and had a great time walking around. I got this picture of Cullen at the end of the stroll -- you can tell he enjoyed it!

2 comments:

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

Cullen..
You just need more attention.. you are so deprived!

Bethany said...

I love the last picture of Cullen!